Come experience life in the second largest country in Latin America. Study Spanish at the Universidad de Belgrano, the top-ranked university in Latin America. Choose from a variety of courses in English or Spanish including economics, history, gender studies, and literature – all of which focus specifically on Argentina and Latin America. Explore the cosmopolitan city of Buenos Aires, dance the tango, drink mate, and become a part of the city that never sleeps. Add our Jewish Immersion Program, which offers support, cultural activities, and connections with the local Jewish community – the sixth-largest in the world.
Spring: November 1
- Strong on-site support
- Take Spanish courses in all levels
- Excursions to popular locations, such as Tigre and Feria de Mataderos
- Befriend international students from all over the world
- Five meals per week are included in homestay option
- City tour of the most popular neighborhoods
- Connect with your friendly Global Advisor to ask questions and find the best fit program. Start planning for on campus processes, and apply by the application deadline.
- Meet your Program Enrollment Coordinator to finalize acceptance paperwork, housing, courses, flights, visas, and payments. Attend one our our LIVE pre-departure orientations.
- Fly away! You'll be greeted at the airport (comforting after a long flight!) and experience a robust On-site Orientation and La Vida Local Curriculum with your Site Director.
WHY THIS UNIVERSITY?
ACADEMICS + COMMUNITY
Universidad de Belgrano, dubbed “UB,” is a top-ranked university with a long tradition of hosting international students – you’ll meet students from all over the world, so you’ll be studying with not only Argentinians, but also people from Europe, Asia, and Africa. With current enrollment of more than 14,000 students, UB is passionate about its community-based social values. Look for many opportunities to join cultural events throughout the semester, including orientation festivities, international culture night, latin dancing, and more.
Centrally located in Belgrano, one of Buenos Aires’ main neighborhoods, UB is a quick subway or bus ride from both housing locations and within easy reach of downtown Buenos Aires. On campus, enjoy numerous sports facilities, a theater, computer labs, and more.
The 2019 QS University Rankings ranked UB #78 among the top 300 universities in Latin America. Accredited by the Ministry of Education of Argentina as a degree-awarding institution of undergraduate and graduate education.
UNIQUE OFFERINGS AT UNIVERSIDAD BELGRANO
At Universidad Belgrano, students have the opportunity to choose classes from different tracks, depending on their current Spanish language level. PALAS and PEAL tracks were developed specifically for international students. Learn more about specific courses in each track in the “Choose Your Courses” section:
- PALAS (Program in Argentine and Latin American Studies): Taught in English. Areas of Business, Economics, History, Literature, Cultural Studies, International Relations, Gender Studies
- PEAL (Programa de Estudios Argentinos y Latinoamericanos): Taught in intermediate to advanced Spanish. Areas of Art, Cultural Studies, Economics, Ethics, History, Literature, Politics, Gender Studies, Sociology, and Ethics
- IMMERSION PROGRAM: Want to learn alongside local students? Choose this option and combine any PALAS and PEAL classes with courses with Argentine students.
COURSE APPROVALMake sure to talk with your home university about course approval and get additional classes approved before you go abroad. For example, if you are taking 4 classes abroad, we recommend getting 8 approved. This gives you some flexibility in setting up your class schedule. Think about courses required for your major, but also courses that fulfill your elective requirements.
GPA REQUIREMENTIf you find your GPA is lower than the requirement listed at the top of this page, do not despair! Get in touch to let us know your situation. In many cases, there are additional application materials that you can submit to make your case for acceptance.
8+ CLASSES IN
3-7 CLASSES IN
While participating on a CISabroad program, you'll be able to take part in built-in day trips at no additional cost. These trips are subject to change from term to term; listed below are excursions that have run in the past.
Feria de Mataderos
Enjoy a bit of the Argentine “country” within the city of Buenos Aires! Get a glimpse of the country’s history and traditions with a visit to Mataderos market, which features local food, traditional music, impressive dance performances, and inexpensive art and crafts.
Buenos Aires Bus Tour
Experience the best way to get to know Buenos Aires – the Buenos Aires Bus! We’ll likely hop on this double-decker downtown for an informative tour of the most iconic places in Buenos Aires, exploring much of the city. We’re also likely to hop off at some point (it’s a hop-on, hop-off service running frequently), possibly in La Boca and/or Puerto Madero.
A welcome escape from the busier districts in Buenos Aires, Tigre is a tranquil setting surrounded by bodies of water and nature. Your visit may include a ferry ride to an island just off the coast, a tour of the fruit market, or a trek through a nature reserve.
Your Support Staff
Travel Tip: We love what we do and want to talk to you! The Global Advising Center is here to help you decide on a program, and complete the Online Application. From the moment you first hear from us be it through a phone call, email or personal visit, you will find that our passion for international education is contagious. We’re ready to launch you abroad.
Travel Tip: When in doubt, reach out! More often than not, locals will respect and respond matching the effort that you put into communication. Practice makes perfect, and leaving your comfort zone means expanding your comfort zone!
Travel Tip: Bring comfy shoes as Buenos Aires is very walkable. A great pastime is simply walking the city with no time restriction or plans. Also, get used to saying hi with a hug and a kiss.
Application DeadlineNovember 1ArrivalMarch 6OrientationMarch 7-8Classes StartMarch 9Classes EndJune 19DepartureJune 20PRICE$11,690 - $12,490Add on a Trip to Iguazu Falls for only $200
Spring 2020 + Spanish Intensive Add-On
Application DeadlineNovember 1ArrivalFebruary 1OrientationFebruary 2-3Classes StartFebruary 3Classes EndJune 19DepartureJune 20PRICE$13,690 - $14,490*Add on a Trip to Iguazu Falls for only $200
Spring 2020 Immersion Program
Application DeadlineNovember 1ArrivalFebruary 1 (Estimated)OrientationFebruary 2-3 (Estimated)Classes StartFebruary 3 (Estimated)Classes EndJune 19 (Estimated)DepartureJune 20 (Estimated)PRICE$9,290-$11,290$9,290 all direct enroll classes, $11,290 2 direct enroll + 2 PALAS or PEAL
Application DeadlineApril 1ArrivalJuly 25 (Estimated)DepartureNovember 5 (Estimated)PRICE$12,490 (Estimated)Add on a Trip to Iguazu Falls for only $200
Fall 2020 + Spanish Intensive Add-On
Application DeadlineApril 1ArrivalJune 20 (Estimated)DepartureNovember 5 (Estimated)PRICE$14,490 (Estimated)Add on a Trip to Iguazu Falls for only $200
FALL 2020 IMMERSION PROGRAM
Application DeadlineApril 1ArrivalJune 20 (Estimated)DepartureNovember 5 (Estimated)PRICE$9,290-$11,290 (Estimated)$9,290 all direct enroll classes, $11,290 2 direct enroll + 2 PALAS or PEAL
CIS Abroad reserves the right to alter fees at any time due to currency fluctuations and/or fee changes made by our partner universities.
ADD-ON: SPANISH INTENSIVE
Want to learn the unique dialect of Spanish spoken in Buenos Aires, called Rioplatense? Add an extra month to the beginning of your semester in Argentina with the “+ Spanish Intensive” option in the Program Fees & Dates section. Classes are 20 hours a week over 4 weeks, and are available at five different levels plus two conversation-specific classes.
ADD-ON: CERTIFICATE OPTION – BUSINESS (no charge)
Students in this track choose four courses in international business plus an elective to develop a comprehensive overview of business in the region.
ADD-ON: CERTIFICATE OPTION – LATIN AMERICAN STUDIES ($550)
Students in this program take five classes from the PALAS/PEAL offerings for foreign students plus a Directed Research course.
ADD-ON: JEWISH IMMERSION PROGRAM
We aim to give Jewish students who respect kosher and shabbat the opportunity of participating in a study or intern abroad program, assuring that they will be able to maintain their religious traditions. Plus, Argentina is home to around 250,000 Jews, making it the sixth largest Jewish community in the world, and the biggest in Latin America.
For a $500 add-on to any of our Argentina programs, we will provide:
- Homestay accommodation with Jewish families, matching each student with a family with a similar level of observance and customs.
- Jewish advisor who will come to the orientation and deliver a storytelling about the local community, Jewish tips and a Jewish map. Plus a weekly newsletter with activities within the community.
- 2 placements for shabbat or holiday dinners
- Optional services: Jewish city tour; Kosher lunch boxes
PROCESS FOR APPLYING:
1. Standard application process
2. Tell your CIS Abroad coordinator that you want the Jewish Program Add-On
3. Fill in the Jewish Program Form
4. Wait for confirmations!
Add on a Trip to Iguazu Falls for only $200.
As with all study abroad programs, you should count on a few additional expenses.
Program fees are in US dollars and include the following:
- Full-time tuition and fees
- Housing in homestays
- 5 meals per week at the homestay
- Medical and accident insurance
- CIS Abroad support services before, during, and after the program
- Academic advising
- Financial aid counseling
- Assistance with travel arrangements
- Predeparture orientation
- Airport pickup
- On-site support
- One excursion included and others optional
- Universidad de Belgrano official transcript
- La Vida Local cultural program