We collect two types of information: personal information that you provide to us and non-personal information automatically collected through automated means.
Wherever possible, personal information is collected directly from you, although there may be occasions when information is collected about you from third parties, such as host or partner universities, with the prior approval of the individual or a publicly maintained record. If you are registered with us, you can access content and services that we offer only to registered users. Registered users also have the option of changing or deleting the data specified during registration at any time. We are also able to provide you with information about the personal data we hold about you at any time.
If you do not want to provide us with your Personal Information, you are not required to do so; however, while you may still access the Website, certain services may not be available to you. By providing your Personal Information to us via the Website, you consent to receive information and updates from us, our representatives or our authorized third party service providers (except where prohibited by law).
Personal information that we might collect includes:
- Your contact details to communicate with you, such as your email address, mailing address, and phone number.
- Your academic information, such as your transcript and educational background to forward to our affiliated institutions so that you may further your education.
- Your health and medical information, to ensure your specific needs are addressed (e.g. allergies, prescriptions, disabilities, etc).
- Your national identification information (i.e. social security number), passport, and related data to fulfill international immigration regulations, register you with the proper local institutions and authorities, and organize logistics essential to your program.
When you access our website, information of a general nature is automatically recorded. We use web analytics tools that rely on cookies, web beacons, and other automated tracking technologies to help us analyze how users interact with our website, how we can improve our website, how we can personalize your website experience and provide you with information we believe may be of interest to you. This information does not individually identify you as a person. Anonymous information of this kind is statistically evaluated by us to optimize our internet presence and the underlying technology.
Non-personal information that we might collect automatically includes:
- The type of web browser you are using
- The operating system you are using
- The name of your internet service provider
- Your anonymous IP address in our access and error logs
Our website uses third party tracking technologies like Google Analytics and Google Conversion Tracking. In both cases these technologies rely on the use of “cookies” and “web beacons.” A cookie is a small amount of data which is sent to your browser from a web site’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies as the default setting. You can modify your browser setting to reject our cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie by editing your browser options. However, if a browser is set not to accept cookies or if a user rejects a cookie, some portions of the website and services may not function properly.
A web beacon is an electronic image, also called a “gif,” that may be used on our web pages to deliver cookies, count visits and compile statistics on usage and campaign effectiveness or in our emails to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
To better understand how Google may use the information collected through Google Analytics to evaluate Users’ and Visitors’ activity on our Site see Google Analytics Privacy and Data Sharing. You can obtain more information about cookies by visiting http://www.allaboutcookies.org.