Expect an experience rich with history, vibrant food, and diverse entertainment in Ho Chi Minh City, a place that has become one of Vietnam’s key cultural, trading, and education hubs. Modern Ho Chi Minh City is an experience of dizzying contrasts, delicious street food, temples and war memorials, and people from all over the world. Interns will join the fast-paced workforce and acclimate to Vietnamese working culture: rise early, grab coffee and some breakfast on the way to work, take a break at noon to nap, go out for dinner with colleagues or friends, and head to bed before midnight. This internship is a great way to show a potential employer you can think, work, and live outside of the more traditional countries, AND have a great time doing it.
Summer: February 15 | March 15
Fall: June 15 | July 15
- Ho Chi Minh City is a safe city, with a stable political climate, and a fast-growing economy
- Immigration hub in Southeast Asia for job-seekers from Japan and China
- The rise of social enterprise in Vietnam has left it with the nickname "Start-Up Nation"
- 50% of the businesses in Ho Chi Minh City are women-owned
- Vietnamese companies generally have a 1-hour lunch break where everyone takes a nap
- Excursions like trips to the Mekong Delta or a Vietnamese cooking class
- Connect with your friendly Global Advisor to ask questions and find the best fit program. Start planning for on campus processes, and apply by the application deadline.
- Meet your Program Enrollment Coordinator to finalize acceptance paperwork, housing, courses, flights, visas, and payments. Attend one our our LIVE pre-departure orientations.
- Fly away! You'll be greeted at the airport (comforting after a long flight!) and experience a robust On-site Orientation and La Vida Local Curriculum with your Site Director.
Below are a few sample architecture internship placements undertaken by past participants.
There are many more possibilities, as each placement is customized.
Contact an advisor to learn more!
Through our partnership with Plymouth State University, you can earn between 3-12 credits in the fields listed here. Alternatively, many students are able to arrange for credit through their home universities. Learn More →
While participating on a CISabroad program, you'll be able to take part in built-in day trips at no additional cost. These trips are subject to change from term to term; listed below are excursions that have run in the past.
Cu Chi Tunnels
Go underground to see the impressive network of tunnels used by Vietnamese soldiers against colonial French powers and during the Vietnam war. More than just a hideout, these tunnels were a way of moving about secretly and were equipped with kitchens, living quarters, and underground hospitals. A must-see!
Meet at the mouth of the Mekong where one of the world’s longest rivers meets the South China Sea. The river is home to more than just fish – the Mekong basin is one of the most biodiverse areas on Earth. Explore the natural and human-made beauty at the delta, from the rice paddies to the floating markets and pagodas.
Market and City Tour
Orient yourself to your new city! Ho Chi Minh City, or Saigon, is known for its vibrant and buzzing pace. Take a day and see some of what it has to offer. Tour old colonial architecture like the Notre Dame Cathedral (yes, Vietnam has one, too!) or Old Post Office and bargain your way through some of Southeast Asia’s best street markets.
Your Support Staff
Travel Tip: We love what we do and want to talk to you! The Global Advising Center is here to help you decide on a program, and complete the Online Application. From the moment you first hear from us be it through a phone call, email or personal visit, you will find that our passion for international education is contagious. We’re ready to launch you abroad.
Travel Tip: Leave everything you think you know about traveling, the country, culture, or people, behind you! You’ll most likely be surprised, so discover everything as new. Take public transportation and make friends with locals- they will show you the best places and usually hook you up. Most of all, stay present and enjoy! 🙂
Travel Tip: Expect the unexpected! Sometimes culture shock is stronger in countries where you expect things to be more similar to your home country and environment. Traveling abroad is an excellent way to learn more about your own culture, habits, style, and adaptability.
Spring 2020: Session 1
Application DeadlineSeptember 15ArrivalJanuary 16DepartureMarch 14 | April 11PRICE$4,790 - $5,7908 Week Internship: $4,790 12 Week Internship: $5,790
Spring 2020: Session 2
Application DeadlineOctober 15ArrivalFebruary 6DepartureApril 4 | May 2PRICE$4,790 - $5,7908 Week Internship: $4,790 12 Week Internship: $5,790
Summer 2020: Session 1
Application DeadlineFebruary 15ArrivalMay 16 (Estimated)DepartureJuly 8 | August 5 (Estimated)PRICE$4,790 - $5,790 (Estimated)8 Week Internship: $4,790 12 Week Internship: $5,790
Summer 2019: Session 2
Application DeadlineMarch 15ArrivalJune 13 (Estimated)DepartureJuly 29 | August 26 (Estimated)PRICE$4,790 - $5,790 (Estimated)8 Week Internship: $4,790 12 Week Internship: $5,790
Fall 2020: Session 1
Application DeadlineJune 15ArrivalSeptember 12 (Estimated)DepartureNovember 4 | December 2 (Estimated)PRICE$4,790 - $5,790 (Estimated)8 Week Internship: $4,790 12 Week Internship: $5,790
Fall 2020: Session 2
Application DeadlineJuly 15ArrivalOctober 10 (Estimated)DepartureDecember 2 (Estimated)PRICE$4,790 (Estimated)8 Week Internship: $4,790
CIS Abroad reserves the right to alter fees at any time due to currency fluctuations and/or fee changes made by our partner universities.
As with all study abroad programs, you should count on a few additional expenses.
Program fees are in US dollars and include the following:
- Orientation in Ho Chi Minh City
- Intro to Vietnamese language during orientation
- Multiple excursions depending on the length of your program
- Internship Placement and support
- Internship placement and supervision
- Housing (homestay)
- Medical and accident insurance
- Pre-departure and on-site orientation
- Financial aid counseling
- Assistance with travel arrangements
- Airport pickup service
- On-site support
- La Vida Local cultural program