Intern in Rome with CIS Abroad to experience the best of personal and professional development while enhancing your Italian language skills and immersing in the culture of the “Eternal City!” Work alongside local professionals in a wide range of fields, from communications to culinary arts, business, fashion, non-profits, and more! Explore the ancient city of Rome while boosting your resume with international work experience.
Fall: May 15
Spring: October 1
- Diverse internship placement working alongside Italians
- Weekend excursions—two-day trips included
- Complete coursework guiding your way through your internship with our partner university PSU (academic credit for this coursework may be added for an additional fee)
- Weekly cultural activities
- Career Launch Toolkit
- 24/7 on-site support
- Connect with your friendly Global Advisor to ask questions and find the best fit program. Start planning for on campus processes, and apply by the application deadline.
- Meet your Program Enrollment Coordinator to finalize acceptance paperwork, housing, courses, flights, visas, and payments. Attend one our our LIVE pre-departure orientations.
- Fly away! You'll be greeted at the airport (comforting after a long flight!) and experience a robust On-site Orientation and La Vida Local Curriculum with your Site Director.
Below are a few sample art and design internship placements undertaken by past participants.
There are many more possibilities, as each placement is customized.
Contact an advisor to learn more!
Through our partnership with Plymouth State University, you can earn between 3-12 credits in the fields listed here. Alternatively, many students are able to arrange for credit through their home universities. Learn More →
While participating on a CISabroad program, you'll be able to take part in built-in day trips at no additional cost. These trips are subject to change from term to term; listed below are excursions that have run in the past.
Eataly Food Tour
If you’ve never been to Italy before . . . this is a must when in Rome. Eataly’s goal is to demonstrate how high-quality products can be easily available at affordable prices. You’ll taste the famous durum wheat pasta from Gragnano, Piedmontese egg pasta, the water of the Maritime Alps, and Piedmont and Veneto wine, as well as Italian meats and cheeses.
Castel Gandolfo Day Trip
Castel Gandolfo is a beautiful, small town located in the green Alban hills, overlooking a breathtaking volcanic crater lake. The area is now famously known as the Pope’s summer residence. You’ll enjoy a delicious lunch at Sorcapanna restaurant, located a few steps away from Palazzo Pontificio. After lunch, you’ll have some free time to explore the town and treat yourself to gelato before returning to Rome.
Gianicolo Walking Tour
The Gianicolo is the second tallest hill in Rome, which provides the most breathtaking view of the city. The tour includes exploring famous monuments, churches, and the beautiful Fontana dell’Acqua Paola. The walk is quite the hike, but the wonderful view will be worth every step. You’ll also discover the reason behind the traditional firing of the cannon at noon that sets off the church bell towers of Rome.
Your Support Staff
Travel Tip: We love what we do and want to talk to you! The Global Advising Center is here to help you decide on a program, and complete the Online Application. From the moment you first hear from us be it through a phone call, email or personal visit, you will find that our passion for international education is contagious. We’re ready to launch you abroad.
Travel Tip: Leave everything you think you know about traveling, the country, culture, or people, behind you! You’ll most likely be surprised, so discover everything as new. Take public transportation and make friends with locals- they will show you the best places and usually hook you up. Most of all, stay present and enjoy! 🙂
Travel Tip: The first chance I have in a new place, I like to either rent a bicycle or go running to get a better feel for my surroundings. Not only does this feel refreshing after time spent on the road or in the air, but it also gives you a great orientation to your destination.
Application DeadlineFebruary 15ArrivalJune 3DepartureJuly 30PRICE$5,990
Application DeadlineMay 15ArrivalSeptember 7DepartureNovember 27PRICE$6,990
Application DeadlineOctober 1ArrivalJanuary 5 (Estimated)DepartureMarch 27 (Estimated)PRICE$6,990 (Estimated)
CIS Abroad reserves the right to alter fees at any time due to currency fluctuations and/or fee changes made by our partner universities.
Intensive Italian language training (non-credit bearing). Please ask your advisor for details.
As with all study abroad programs, you should count on a few additional expenses.
Program fees are in US dollars and include the following:
- Pre-departure support
- Internship placement and supervision
- Plymouth State University internship coursework & grade report (please note this is not a transcript; a transcript is available for an additional fee)
- Housing (shared or single bedroom in apartment or student residence)
- Airport pick-up
- Cultural activities and field trips
- Full-time on-site support staff
- On-site orientation
- Medical and accident insurance
- Financial aid counseling
- Assistance with travel arrangements
- La Vida Local cultural program