Gain hands on internship experience in one of Europe’s best and most affordable cities. You’ll take 3 weeks of Czech language, while also interning for 8 or 12 weeks in one of many fields. Our Site Director will lead you on a cultural orientation that will take you all over the city and help you feel like a local in no time. Prague boasts more than ten major museums, along with countless theaters, galleries, cinemas, and other historical exhibits. Amazingly, much of the city survived the violence and destruction of twentieth century Europe. Amble among Gothic buildings, stroll along the Vltava River, and pop into the city’s countless restaurants that offer a cozy atmosphere. By the end of your time in this romantic city, you’ll have had a great experience that connects your studies to professional experience – boosting your resume to the next level.
Spring: Session 2: November 1
Summer: March 1
Fall: June 1
- Live in one of Europe’s most beautiful capital cities
- Czech Language classes included as a part of the program
- Great variety of placement fields, including international business
- Easy access to other European countries, especially Hungary, Germany, Austria, and Poland
- Amazing on-site staff support and group activities
- Weekend excursions with a meal included
- Connect with your friendly Global Advisor to ask questions and find the best fit program. Start planning for on campus processes, and apply by the application deadline.
- Meet your Program Enrollment Coordinator to finalize acceptance paperwork, housing, courses, flights, visas, and payments. Attend one our our LIVE pre-departure orientations.
- Fly away! You'll be greeted at the airport (comforting after a long flight!) and experience a robust On-site Orientation and La Vida Local Curriculum with your Site Director.
Below are a few sample business and economics internship placements undertaken by past participants.
There are many more possibilities, as each placement is customized.
Contact an advisor to learn more!
Through our partnership with Plymouth State University, you can earn between 3-12 credits in the fields listed here. Alternatively, many students are able to arrange for credit through their home universities. Learn More →
While participating on a CISabroad program, you'll be able to take part in built-in day trips at no additional cost. These trips are subject to change from term to term; listed below are excursions that have run in the past.
Pilsen and the Pilsner Brewery
The Pilsen Historic District is forever associated with a centuries-old tradition of beer brewing, a beverage the Czechs call their “liquid bread.” This day trip to the birthplace of Czech Republic’s most famous export will also include a short detour to the Ruckl Crystal Factory, where you’ll see artisans at work and have a chance to buy crystal directly from the factory at a discounted price.
Vltava River Cruise
Take a scenic, three-hour dinner or lunch cruise on the Vltava River, where you can view Prague’s most famous landmarks from the comfort of this popular tourist activity and local mode of transportation.
Český Krumlov is a town bistected by the Vltava River known for its Renaissance architecture, preserved castle, maze-like alleyways, and floral gardens. The town is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Your Support Staff
Travel Tip: We love what we do and want to talk to you! The Global Advising Center is here to help you decide on a program, and complete the Online Application. From the moment you first hear from us be it through a phone call, email or personal visit, you will find that our passion for international education is contagious. We’re ready to launch you abroad.
Travel Tip: Whether ordering from an open air stall or a restaurant, always remember to say good day (dobrý den) and thank you (děkuji). Czechs will welcome your effort and will be more helpful and perhaps even give you a smile.
CIS Abroad and our site director were constantly planning fun events for us in between our travels so there was never a dull moment! CIS Abroad provided me with so many great memories and experiences from abroad that I will never forget. My experience in the Czech Republic was truly a once in a lifetime experience that I will forever be grateful for! Thank you!
Spring 2020: Session 1
Application DeadlineOctober 15ArrivalFebruary 15 (Estimated)OrientationFebruary 16 (Estimated)DepartureMay 15 (Estimated)PRICE$5,690
Spring 2020: Session 2
Application DeadlineNovember 1ArrivalMarch 15 (Estimated)OrientationMarch 15 (Estimated)DepartureMay 15 (Estimated)PRICE$4.990
Application DeadlineMarch 1ArrivalJune 5 (Estimated)DepartureAugust 3 (Estimated)PRICE$4,990 (Estimated)8 week internship: $4,990
Application DeadlineJune 1ArrivalSeptember 4 (Estimated)DepartureNovember 2 | November 30 (Estimated)PRICE$4,990 - $5,690 (Estimated)8 week internship: $4,990 12 week internship: $5,690
CIS Abroad reserves the right to alter fees at any time due to currency fluctuations and/or fee changes made by our partner universities.
As with all study abroad programs, you should count on a few additional expenses.
Program fees are in U.S. dollars and include the following:
- Internship Placement and related fees
- Medical and accident insurance
- CIS Abroad support services before, during, and after the program
- Excursions and Cultural Activities
- Financial aid counseling
- Assistance with travel arrangements
- Pre-departure orientation
- Airport pickup
- On-site orientation and 24/7 emergency support
- La Vida Local cultural program