Imagine honing your professional skills in Japan, a leader in groundbreaking innovation, while you experience a new culture abroad. Custom placements are available in Business, Web & IT, Film & Video, Education, and more. During your free time, participate in on-site cultural activities and explore southeast Asia on your own!
- Comprehensive orientation and cultural activities included
- Customizable internship placements in a variety of fields, including Business, Web & IT, Film & Video, and Education
- Pre-loaded SIM and transportation cards included
- Share in a rewarding exchange of language, culture, and professional skill building
- 24/7 on-site support to help you get adjusted to life in Japan
- Connect with your friendly Global Advisor to ask questions and find the best fit program. Start planning for on campus processes, and apply by the application deadline.
- Meet your Program Enrollment Coordinator to finalize acceptance paperwork, housing, courses, flights, visas, and payments. Attend one our our LIVE pre-departure orientations.
- Fly away! You'll be greeted at the airport (comforting after a long flight!) and experience a robust On-site Orientation and La Vida Local Curriculum with your Site Director.
Below are a few sample business and economics internship placements undertaken by past participants.
There are many more possibilities, as each placement is customized.
Contact an advisor to learn more!
Through our partnership with Plymouth State University, you can earn between 3-12 credits in the fields listed here. Alternatively, many students are able to arrange for credit through their home universities. Learn More →
While participating on a CISabroad program, you'll be able to take part in built-in day trips at no additional cost. These trips are subject to change from term to term; listed below are excursions that have run in the past.
Harajuku, Meiji Shrine, & Shibuya
Shortly after your arrival, we’ll set out to get a lay of the land, enjoying a tour of some of the top sites in Tokyo and its surrounds. Accompanied by our Japanese university students, we’ll head to the Meiji Shrine, the largest and most famous shrine in Tokyo. Next, we’ll cruise through Harajuku, one of the most famous fashion districts in the world. We’ll get the night started in nearby Shibuya, enjoying a welcome Izakaya party and a sampling of a variety of Japanese food.
Japanese Tea Ceremony
Experience and learn about the tradition of the tea ceremony with fellow University students where you can perform some of the traditions, enjoy the pure form of Japanese tea and sweets in the traditional Japanese Tea Ceremony room on campus.
Together with local University students, this excursion will take us on a short subway ride to Asakusa, an area in Tokyo not far from the Tokyo Sky Tree where you will have free time for shopping, visit the famous Sensoji temple as well as the well known Kaminarimon (Kaminari Gate) structure.
Your Support Staff
Travel Tip: We love what we do and want to talk to you! The Global Advising Center is here to help you decide on a program, and complete the Online Application. From the moment you first hear from us be it through a phone call, email or personal visit, you will find that our passion for international education is contagious. We’re ready to launch you abroad.
Travel Tip: Leave everything you think you know about traveling, the country, culture, or people, behind you! You’ll most likely be surprised, so discover everything as new. Take public transportation and make friends with locals- they will show you the best places and usually hook you up. Most of all, stay present and enjoy! 🙂
Travel Tip: Expect the unexpected! Sometimes culture shock is stronger in countries where you expect things to be more similar to your home country and environment. Traveling abroad is an excellent way to learn more about your own culture, habits, style, and adaptability.
I actually chose Japan because it was so different. A great thing about Japan is their culture, every moment you feel safe, you feel respected, and there’s so much you can learn from their cities and their people.
Application DeadlineApril 15ArrivalJune 13 (Estimated)DepartureJuly 25 (Estimated)PRICE$7,990
CIS Abroad reserves the right to alter fees at any time due to currency fluctuations and/or fee changes made by our partner universities.
As with all study abroad programs, you should count on a few additional expenses.
Program fees are in US dollars and include the following:
- Medical and accident insurance (just in case!)
- CIS Abroad support services before, during, and after the program
- Academic advising
- Financial aid counseling
- Assistance with travel arrangements
- LIVE! Pre-departure Orientation
- Airport pickup
- CIS Abroad orientation
- On-site support
- La Vida Local cultural program
- Pre-loaded SIM card
- Pre-loaded transportation card