Whether working with an Irish football team, a large multinational organization, or a local refugee center, you will get practical experience in your field, all the while taking advantage of living a cities know for its heritage and hedonism. During our Intern in Dublin program, you can choose from our summer intern and year-round intern options. We’ll match you with an internship that fits your goals and interests. The summer intern option is a group experience that includes a robust orientation, group activities, and excursions. The year-round option encourages independence and allows you to focus on your internship.
Fall: June 1
Spring: October 1 | November 1
- New multicultural vibe in this up-and-coming city
- Work experience alongside Irish and many other nationalities
- Opportunity to develop an international network with professional contacts and references
- A lively cultural calendar
- Chance to boost your résumé for a competitive advantage in the job market
- Awesome apartments with international students and interns
- Connect with your friendly Global Advisor to ask questions and find the best fit program. Start planning for on campus processes, and apply by the application deadline.
- Meet your Program Enrollment Coordinator to finalize acceptance paperwork, housing, courses, flights, visas, and payments. Attend one our our LIVE pre-departure orientations.
- Fly away! You'll be greeted at the airport (comforting after a long flight!) and experience a robust On-site Orientation and La Vida Local Curriculum with your Site Director.
Below are a few sample architecture internship placements undertaken by past participants.
There are many more possibilities, as each placement is customized.
Contact an advisor to learn more!
Through our partnership with Plymouth State University, you can earn between 3-12 credits in the fields listed here. Alternatively, many students are able to arrange for credit through their home universities. Learn More →
While participating on a CISabroad program, you'll be able to take part in built-in day trips at no additional cost. These trips are subject to change from term to term; listed below are excursions that have run in the past.
Belfast's Peace Wall
Peer into one of the most socially divided societies in Western Europe. The Wall separates the Loyalist/Unionist/Protestant community of Shankill Road from the Nationalist/Republican/Catholic population of Falls Road. They’re located only 250 yards from each other, but they’re politically worlds apart.
Cliffs of Moher & Inis Oirr
On this excursion you’ll find yourself exploring this island for half a day, jumping from the popular Plassey shipwreck to the historic remails of a hill fort. Next, take a ferry back across to the mainland to wander the iconic Cliffs of Moher. But watch out, while taking in this view beware that the winds can be swift– don’t get swept away!
The Coast Road
This drive north of Belfast, skirting the stupendously beautiful Glens of Antrim, takes you to the Giants Causeway, where there’s a spectacular view of Scotland and Rathlin Island. Stop off in the town of Ballycastle for top-notch traditional Irish music. You’ll learn about the legend of the King of Scotland, hiding out on Rathlin Island, who vowed to return to his homeland and reclaim his throne.
Your Support Staff
Travel Tip: We love what we do and want to talk to you! The Global Advising Center is here to help you decide on a program, and complete the Online Application. From the moment you first hear from us be it through a phone call, email or personal visit, you will find that our passion for international education is contagious. We’re ready to launch you abroad.
Travel Tip: Keep calm, cool and collected! Traveling has its challenges but, remember, challenges offer opportunities for growth! Traveling not only helps you discover new places but it helps you discover yourself. Enjoy the journey! You will find that traveling to a new place may open your eyes to a new you!
Spring 2020: Session 1
Application DeadlineOctober 1ArrivalJanuary 25OrientationJanuary 26DepartureMarch 21 | April 18PRICE$6,890 - $8,3908 week internship: $6,890 12 week internship: $8,390
Spring 2020: Session 2
Application DeadlineNovember 1ArrivalFebruary 29DepartureApril 18 | May 16PRICE$6,890 - $8,3908 week internship: $6,890 12 week internship: $8,390
Application DeadlineFebruary 15ArrivalJune 8 (Estimated)DepartureAugust 3 (Estimated)PRICE$6,9908 Week Internship: $6,990
Application DeadlineJune 1ArrivalSeptember 14 (Estimated)DepartureNovember 9 | December 7 (Estimated)PRICE$6,890 - $8,390 (Estimated)8 week internship: $6,890 12 week internship: $8,390
CIS Abroad reserves the right to alter fees at any time due to currency fluctuations and/or fee changes made by our partner universities.
As with all study abroad programs, you should count on a few additional expenses.
Program fees are in US dollars and include the following:
- Internship placement and supervision
- Medical and accident insurance
- Pre-departure and onsite orientation
- Financial aid counseling
- Assistance with travel arrangements
- Airport pickup service
- On-site support
- Career Launch Toolkit
- La Vida Local cultural program