Embark on the experience of a lifetime that will provide a lifetime of experiences! Enjoy a custom internship in a city that uniquely combines business and beaches. Join our Intern in Barcelona program to gain relevant, career-oriented experience while enjoying the best of this vibrant, multi-faceted city: Spanish cultural immersion, proximity to a coastline of white sand beaches, and an exciting, cosmopolitan city that never sleeps. A strong internship support structure, with mentorship meetings over coffee, networking events, and workshops help you maximize your internship and prepare you to frame the experience on your resume. Even better, your placement connects you with locals so you can choose to go all in on the Spanish immersion, or take a break with your American cohort.
Spring - Session 2: November 1
Spring - Session 3: November 15
Summer - Session 1: February 15
Summer - Session 2: March 1
Summer - Session 3: March 15
Summer - Session 4: April 1
Fall - Session 1: June 15
Fall - Session 2: June 15
Fall - Session 3: July 1
- Internships that accommodate all levels of Spanish language proficiency
- Day trips included to places such as Sitges, Tarragona, the Dali Museum, or Girona
- Over 100 customized internship placements available in many fields
- Opportunity to develop an international network with professional contacts and references
- Optional weekend excursion to places such as Morocco, Valencia, or Costa Brava.
- Career Launch Toolkit for interview and job support
- Connect with your friendly Global Advisor to ask questions and find the best fit program. Start planning for on campus processes, and apply by the application deadline.
- Meet your Program Enrollment Coordinator to finalize acceptance paperwork, housing, courses, flights, visas, and payments. Attend one our our LIVE pre-departure orientations.
- Fly away! You'll be greeted at the airport (comforting after a long flight!) and experience a robust On-site Orientation and La Vida Local Curriculum with your Site Director.
Below are a few sample architecture internship placements undertaken by past participants.
There are many more possibilities, as each placement is customized.
Contact an advisor to learn more!
Through our partnership with Plymouth State University, you can earn between 3-12 credits in the fields listed here. Alternatively, many students are able to arrange for credit through their home universities. Learn More →
While participating on a CISabroad program, you'll be able to take part in built-in day trips at no additional cost. These trips are subject to change from term to term; listed below are excursions that have run in the past.
This day trip around Catalonia includes guided tours, some museum entrance fees, a group lunch, and some free time. You’ll visit the Salvador Dalí Museum in Figueres, hike the beautiful coastal trail known as the Camino de Ronda on the Costa Brava and wander the old Jewish Quarter in beautiful Girona.
During weekend trips, you might experience Flamenco and tour the beautiful Alhambra in Granada; eat Spain’s best tapas and visit wineries in Basque Country; or hike coastal trails and tour medieval villages in Costa Brava. Trips change each semester.
4 Days in Morocco
Fall and Spring semester students also have the opportunity to join a four-day trip to Morocco with a non-profit organization dedicated to helping travelers jump off the beaten path and understand the local culture.
Your Support Staff
Travel Tip: We love what we do and want to talk to you! The Global Advising Center is here to help you decide on a program, and complete the Online Application. From the moment you first hear from us be it through a phone call, email or personal visit, you will find that our passion for international education is contagious. We’re ready to launch you abroad.
Travel Tip: When traveling make sure to use humour and start conversations with local people, they are the experts of the places you visit and you can learn so much from them; particularly the older generation can be a wealth of information. Try to enjoy every single minute of your travels!
Spring 2020: Session 1
Application DeadlineOctober 15ArrivalJanuary 2DepartureFebruary 29 | March 28PRICE$5,990 - $6,9908 week internship: $5,990 12 week internship: $6,990
Spring 2020: Session 2
Application DeadlineNovember 1ArrivalFebruary 3DepartureMarch 28 | April 25PRICE$5,990 - $6,9908 week internship: $5,990 12 week internship: $6,990
Spring 2020: Session 3
Application DeadlineNovember 15ArrivalMarch 2DepartureApril 25 | May 23PRICE$5,990 - $6,9908 week internship: $5,990 12 week internship: $6,990
Summer 2020: Session 1
Application DeadlineFebruary 15ArrivalMay 4 (Estimated)DepartureJune 13 | June 27 | July 25 (Estimated)PRICE$5,990 - $6,990 (Estimated)6 week internship: $5,990 8 week internship: $6,390 12 week internship: $6,990
Summer 2020: Session 2
Application DeadlineMarch 1ArrivalMay 18 (Estimated)DepartureJune 27 | July 11 | July 25 (Estimated)PRICE$5,990 - $6,590 (Estimated)6 week internship: $5,990 8 week internship: $6,390 10 week internship: $6,590
Summer 2020: Session 3
Application DeadlineMarch 15ArrivalJune 1 (Estimated)DepartureJuly 11 | July 25 (Estimated)PRICE$5,990 - $6,390 (Estimated)6 week internship: $5,990 8 week internship: $6,390
Summer 2020: Session 4
Application DeadlineApril 1ArrivalJune 15 (Estimated)DepartureJuly 27 (Estimated)PRICE$5,990 (Estimated)6 week internship: $5,990 8 week internship: $6,390
Fall 2020: Session 1
Application DeadlineJune 15ArrivalAugust 31 (Estimated)DepartureOctober 10 | October 24 | November 21 (Estimated)PRICE$5,990 - $6,990 (Estimated)6 week internship: $5,990 8 week internship: $6,390 12 week internship: $6,990
Fall 2020: Session 2
Application DeadlineJune 15ArrivalSeptember 28 (Estimated)DepartureNovember 7 | November 21 | December 5 (Estimated)PRICE$5,990 - $6,590 (Estimated)6 week internship: $5,990 8 week internship: $6,390 10 week internship: $6,590
Fall 2020: Session 3
Application DeadlineJuly 1ArrivalNovember 2 (Estimated)DepartureDecember 12 (Estimated)PRICE$5,990 (Estimated)6 week internship: $5,990 8 week internship: $6,390 10 week internship: $6,590
CIS Abroad reserves the right to alter fees at any time due to currency fluctuations and/or fee changes made by our partner universities.
As with all study abroad programs, you should count on a few additional expenses.
Program fees are in US dollars and include the following:
- Activities vary and can include; Salsa Class, Catalan cooking class, Language Exchanges, Museum visits, and business visits
- Guided tours around Barcelona’s neighborhoods
- One included day trip to cities like Basalu, Sitges, or Tarragona
- Full-time tuition and fees
- Housing (apartment or local home)
- Meal plan available with a homestay
- Medical and accident insurance
- CISabroad support services before, during, and after the program
- On-site support
- Academic advising
- Financial aid counseling
- Assistance with travel arrangements
- Pre-departure orientation
- Airport pickup
- Cultural orientation
- La Vida Local cultural program