Intern abroad in bustling Bangkok for the ultimate in professional and personal development! Between its vibrant culture and diverse range of industries, Bangkok provides an intriguing setting for interns. This comprehensive program will set you up with everything you’ll need for a successful internship and a rewarding experience, from a custom internship placement to housing, support, and activities.
Summer: February 1 | March 1 | April 1
Fall: May 15 | June 1
- Enjoy an internship placement customized according to your background and interests in a variety of fields
- Live in a modern, serviced apartment in central Bangkok
- Participate in group activities and excursions with other interns and students
- Learn some traditional Thai cooking techniques that you can then apply to your own cooking
- Choose from multiple group intake options throughout the year with various durations
- Connect with your friendly Global Advisor to ask questions and find the best fit program. Start planning for on campus processes, and apply by the application deadline.
- Meet your Program Enrollment Coordinator to finalize acceptance paperwork, housing, courses, flights, visas, and payments. Attend one our our LIVE pre-departure orientations.
- Fly away! You'll be greeted at the airport (comforting after a long flight!) and experience a robust On-site Orientation and La Vida Local Curriculum with your Site Director.
While participating on a CISabroad program, you'll be able to take part in built-in day trips at no additional cost. These trips are subject to change from term to term; listed below are excursions that have run in the past.
Bangkok City Tour
Visit the beautiful Grand Palace and Temple of the Emerald Buddha, Thailand’s most holy temple where you will be dazzled by gold and jade. Ride a riverboat down Thailand’s “River of Life,” the Chao Praya, and glimpse the lifestyles of people who live in this so-called “Venice of the East.” Finally, visit Wat Pho, “Temple of The Reclining Buddha,” a 50-meter long, 200-year-old buddha.
Thai Cooking Class
During this excursion you will learn all about Thai fruits, vegetable, and herbs, visit the market and learn about the different ingredients and then make 5 dishes of your own from scratch.
Spring 2020: Session 1
Application DeadlineOctober 1ArrivalJanuary 11 (Estimated)OrientationJanuary 12 (Estimated)DepartureFebruary 8 | March 7 | April 4 (Estimated)PRICE$4,390 - $7,190 (Estimated)
Spring 2020: Session 2
Application DeadlineNovember 1ArrivalFebruary 7 (Estimated)DepartureMarch 7 | April 4 | May 2 (Estimated)PRICE$4,390 - $7,190 (Estimated)
Summer 2020: Session 1
Application DeadlineFebruary 1ArrivalMay 8 (Estimated)DepartureJune 6 | July 4 | August 1 (Estimated)PRICE$4,390 - $7,190 (Estimated)
Summer 2020: Session 2
Application DeadlineMarch 1ArrivalJune 5 (Estimated)DepartureJuly 4 | August 1 | August 29 (Estimated)PRICE$4,390 - $7,190 (Estimated)
Fall 2020: Session 1
Application DeadlineMay 15ArrivalSeptember 4 (Estimated)DepartureOctober 31 | November 28 (Estimated)PRICE$4,390 - $5,790 (Estimated)
Fall 2020: Session 2
Application DeadlineJune 1ArrivalOctober 2 (Estimated)DepartureNovember 28 (Estimated)PRICE$4,390 (Estimated)
CIS Abroad reserves the right to alter fees at any time due to currency fluctuations and/or fee changes made by our partner universities.
As with all study abroad programs, you should count on a few additional expenses.
Program fees are in US dollars and include the following:
- Orientation in Bangkok
- Multiple excursions depending on the length of your program
- Internship placement and support
- Medical and accident insurance
- Pre-departure and onsite orientation
- Financial aid counseling
- Assistance with travel arrangements
- Airport pickup service
- On-site support
- La Vida Local cultural program