Semester in Dublin Housing
CIS Abroad students will live in Shanowen Square, located just across the street from the Glasnevin Campus at DCU!!
Prior to departure, you will need to sign a “License to Reside” form, which will be shared with you by your CIS Abroad coordinator. This form will need to be signed by you, and a guarantor – usually a parent.
Do not think that this means you will have to pay rent to Shanowen Square while you are abroad! CIS Abroad will take on the payment of your rent, as your CIS Abroad program fees do include the cost of your housing.
You will have a single bedroom with an ensuite bathroom, and will share a kitchen and living space with up to eight other students. Your apartment will be stocked with basic kitchen utensils/supplies and bedding as well (towel not included – your Site Director can help you out with shopping for anything you need during Orientation).
In your bedroom, you’ll have a bed, wardrobe, under-bed drawers, and study area with desk and shelves.
Inclusions and Features:
- TV in the common area and internet access in all bedrooms and common areas.
- All utilities included
- Smoke alarms in all rooms
- Intercom controlled access (security gates with coded access to both the gates and the blocks in the complex)
- On-site Night time trained security personnel with a designated contact telephone number.
- Police station less than 3 minutes away
- Pharmacy one-minute walk
- Onsite Reception for general day-to-day inquiries
- Maintenance team
- Self-Service, coin-operated onsite laundry facilities.
- Neighbouring Omni Shopping Centre, Tesco’s and a 10 Screen Cinema.
- An abundance of restaurants and pubs
- Close to local DCU sports complex with gym, pool, spa and sauna (a gym membership is included in your program cost – just stop by the sports club reception after your receive your student I.D. at Orientation to register)
- There are no meal plans at DCU (common in many European universities) and most students enjoy cooking together in their shared kitchens.
- Please do bring an ethernet cord to connect to wired internet! If you are a Mac user, you may need an adaptor to be able to use an ethernet cord, as your computer may not have an ethernet jack, depending on the model.