How can I ask them?
Don’t fear rejection! You won’t always get a “yes!” when you ask for financial support, but remember every little bit helps. Keep up with the enthusiasm, passion and drive on your part!
It is also a good idea to offer them something in return. Upon your return you could perhaps write an article, create a video/vlog/blog, contribute to community service in a business’ name, etc.
Tips for asking for help:
- Be informal but direct
- Explain and describe your program and how it change your life
- Explain how you would use the funds
- Include a photo of yourself
- Make donating as easy as possible (accept check, cash, etc)
- Don’t be afraid to follow up with them