At CIS Abroad, we are members of The Forum on Education Abroad, NAFSA, IIE Generation Study Abroad and Diversity Abroad and abide by their best practices. We are also frequent conference presenters, as most of us love to talk about what we do! Below are conference sessions presented by CIS Abroad staff members along with colleagues in the field.
Recent Past Conference Sessions
- Increasing and Improving Indigenous Student Mobility (NAFSA Region II)
- Promoting Inclusive Study Abroad (NAFSA Regions VIII and XI)
- UT Austin-Intern in Barcelona: A Case Study in Customization (NAFSA Region III)
- First-Year Experience Programming as a Strategic Enrollment Management Technique (NAFSA Region IV)
- Forging a Path Forward: Our Role in Shaping a More Inclusive Tomorrow (NAFSA Region IV)
- Leveraging Program Provider Partnerships for Increased Advising and Improved Programs (NAFSA Region VII)
- Empowered Storytelling for Making Change (NAFSA Region VIII)
- Life After Millennials: Here Comes Gen Z (NAFSA Regions III, VII, VIII, XII)
- Leadership Pathways in International Education (NAFSA Region XI, XII)
- Start Somewhere! Launching an inclusive study abroad outreach strategy (NAFSA Region XII)
- Global Competence through Study Abroad in Professional Programs (MIEC)
- Megatrends in Higher Education, Global Travel, and International Education: Impact on Policy, Practice and Planning (IIE Global Summit)
- Who’s On Top? Achieving Gender Parity in International Education Leadership (Diversity Abroad)
- Technology for Inclusion in Global Education: Pitfalls & Opportunities (Diversity Abroad)
- Getting to the Gate: Increasing Autonomy by Leveraging Hidden Strengths (Diversity Abroad)
- Intention & Identity: LGBTQ+ Support from India to the World (Diversity Abroad)
- Women in Leadership: Candid Conversations with Positive Disruptors (AIEA)
See an interesting topic you’d like us to present at your campus or interested in presenting with us at a future conference? Please email Jessica Jones, VP of University Relations, jjones(at)cisabroad.com
IIE Generation Study Abroad
As proud members of the Generation Study Abroad initiative to increase enrollment and access in study abroad, CIS Abroad pledges to increase knowledge about and access to education abroad for the LGBTQ student population. We will offer LGBTQ programming, educational workshops & resources, webinars, and international site visits specifically to meet the needs of this population.
Specifically, by 2019, we will:
- Have LGBTQ programming possibilities in at least 5 destinations.
- Offer an annual LGBTQ workshop and webinar to study abroad offices.
- Offer one conference session or workshop focused on this topic and make it available to IIE.
- Include educational information in all our student pre-departure orientations.
- Offer at least one international site visit focused on the needs of this population.
- Provide access to a list of resources for all LGBTQ students to prepare for international travel.
- Have allies and members of the LGBTQ population on our Board of Advisors.