At CISabroad, we are members of The Forum on Education Abroad, NAFSA, IIE Generation Study Abroad and Diversity Abroad and abide by their best practices. We are also frequent conference presenters, as most of us love to talk about what we do! Below are conference sessions presented by CISabroad staff members along with colleagues in the field.
Recent Past Conference Sessions
- Student development through international internships (NAFSA Region I & XII)
- Creating Global Greeks: On-campus and Abroad (NAFSA Region III)
- Collaborative Strategies for Building International Internship Programs (NAFSA Region III)
- Choosing a Provider: Understanding Your Options (NAFSA Region IV & V)
- Thailand Study Abroad: Managing Risk in a Challenging Environment (NAFSA Region IV)
- Chaperones and On-site Staff for Students & Faculty: The Good, Bad & the Ugly. (Region VI)
- Connecting with Faculty Beyond Faculty-Led Programs (NAFSA Region VII)
- Toolkit for Managing Risks and Planning for Success on Faculty Led Programming (Region VII & X & XI)
- Learning How to Ask: Negotiation Skills for you and your ed abroad office (Region X & XI)
- Parents as partners: how to manage expectations and bring out their best (Region X & XI)
- Beyond Offsetting: Making Study Abroad Carbon Conscious (Region X & XI)
- Pathways to Leadership: Women in International Education (FORUM)
See an interesting topic you’d like us to present at your campus or interested in presenting with us at a future conference? Please email Candace Matta, Vice President for University Relations, cmatta(at)cisabroad.com
IIE Generation Study Abroad
As proud members of the Generation Study Abroad initiative to increase enrollment and access in study abroad, CISabroad pledges to increase knowledge about and access to education abroad for the LGBTQ student population. We will offer LGBTQ programming, educational workshops & resources, webinars, and international site visits specifically to meet the needs of this population.
Specifically, by 2019, we will:
- Have LGBTQ programming possibilities in at least 5 destinations.
- Offer an annual LGBTQ workshop and webinar to study abroad offices.
- Offer one conference session or workshop focused on this topic and make it available to IIE.
- Include educational information in all our student pre-departure orientations.
- Offer at least one international site visit focused on the needs of this population.
- Provide access to a list of resources for all LGBTQ students to prepare for international travel.
- Have allies and members of the LGBTQ population on our Board of Advisors.