Join Our Cooperating Partner Alliance
CISabroad’s affiliate program is called the Cooperating Partner Alliance (CPA). Simply stated, it is a non-binding agreement between your institution and CISabroad that provides an additional education abroad resource for your office while also giving your students certain financial and service benefits. We believe it is a “win-win” situation for all parties involved.
How does the CPA work?
As study abroad participation continues to grow, there is a corresponding increase in variety – variety in program offerings, variety in the student’s backgrounds, variety in student requirements for a program. CISabroad’s Cooperating Partner Alliance was formed with this in mind. The CPA is a program designed to complement, not compete, with your existing study abroad opportunities. Becoming a member of the Alliance program allows you to expand your list of existing education abroad programs and services to accommodate more of your student’s interests, budgets and personal preferences.
Furthermore, your commitment to becoming and staying an Alliance member does not bind you to any set number of students you must refer. We will treat you the same whether you send 1 student per year or 20 students per semester. We realize that you want to have as many trusted programs as possible to offer your students and we would like to be one of them.
As a CPA member you and your students have access to certain privileges not available to non-member institutions.
- Support of your office through annual campus visits, provision of promotional material and access to resource materials.
- Access to our CPA Grant Program (see below).
- Site visit to your office, including updates on student applications and access to partner university webinars for advisors and students
- Access to the CPA Professional Development Grant program to help further your professional goals
- Photo book for all faculty-led programs
- Automatic discounts off of our already low program fees.
- First class service from start to finish!
- Live- either in-person or online pre departure orientation
Becoming a CPA Member
Simply contact Candace Matta, firstname.lastname@example.org, Vice President of University Relations, and she will discuss the possibility of your institution becoming an affiliate.
Cooperating Partner Alliance Grant Program
Part of CISabroad’s is to continue to further professional development the field of international education. In order to support our affiliate partners, we make a small number of grants available each fall and spring to help in this endeavor.
This grant can be used to defray costs for activities such as:
- conference attendance
- supplement the costs of individual site visit
- supplement the costs of research studies in the field of education abroad.
If you are a staff member of a CPA (affiliate) institution who works in education abroad, then you are eligible to apply. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, but preference is given to applications submitted by September 30 for fall disbursements and January 31 for spring.
To apply for a grant complete the CPA Professional Development Grant Application.