There are a two ways to join us abroad in 2020: on a group site visit in Costa Rica, or as part of our inaugural Comparative Perspectives on International Education Seminar in Athens, Greece.
- Group Site Visit to Costa Rica: March 8-12, 2020 (apply here by November 1, 2019)
- NEW Faculty and Staff professional development opportunity: Comparative Perspectives on International Education Seminar in Athens, Greece: July 20-25, 2020 (apply here by December 1, 2019)
Group Site Visits
Our group site visits are designed to give study abroad staff and faculty an in-depth look into our programs. We hope that through this group travel experience, you’ll get to know our on-site staff, experience our cultural curriculum, and know more about how you can customize our programs to your university needs. Space is limited and by application only.
- Experience our La Vida Local cultural program first-hand
- Meet with students (if possible) and local staff
- Learn what goes into a successful faculty-led program
- Visit housing, internship sites, academic partners
- Learn how you can customize our programs to fit your university needs
- Attend lectures on one or two academic foci at the site
Site Visit Inclusions:
- Full guidance of a CIS Abroad staff member
- All hotel accommodation (double rooms included; single supplement at your own cost)
- Most meals (there may be a few lunches or a free evening meals on your own)
- In-country transportation
Comparative Perspectives on International Education Seminar:
CIS Abroad’s Comparative Perspectives on International Education (CPIE) seminar for faculty and staff will provide participants with an international experience of their own in order to help them gain a deeper understanding of the value of international experiences for the students they work with. The broader impact of their participation also has the potential to advance their institution’s internationalization efforts via the follow-on projects they create and implement upon their return. For more details please visit the seminar page.
The finer print
There is a program fee of $500 for both the group site visit and CPIE. Participants are responsible for air travel to and from the host country, visa expenses, and some lighter meals. A limited number of travel grants may be available to help defray these costs for advisors whose travel budgets are limited and generally range from $200-$500. You may also apply for a Professional Development Grant if this is cost prohibitive to your institution. On the other hand, if your institution prefers to pay for all costs associated with the program, just let us know.
If you are interested in joining us abroad on either program, please complete the appropriate application form. Applications are reviewed and accepted two-four weeks after the deadline. If you need immediate confirmation, please let us know.
Questions? Concerns? Great ideas?
For Group Site Visits Email Jessica Jones, Vice President of University Relations, firstname.lastname@example.org
For the CPIE seminar Email Jennifer Engel, Ph.D., Vice President of Academic Affairs, email@example.com
CIS Abroad follows the Forum on Education Abroad’s standards for conducting program site visits. The Forum on Education Abroad’s Code of Ethics for Program Site Visits