CISabroad is here to guide you through your transition back to the United States. We have resources to help you study abroad again, find a job overseas and incorporate your study abroad experience into resumes, cover letters and interviews.
Share Your Story
Welcome back home to where it all started. Eager to share your stories from abroad? We imagine you’ve made new friends, found new foods to eat and different ways of living. You are an inspiration to us and future students! We’d like to keep you connected to your experience, and we have a few ideas of how to do just that.
Share your story… on social media of course!
- Post photos and memories on Facebook, like CISabroad’s page, and join the CISabroad alumni ambassador group to stay in touch with others as they transition back home as well.
- Update your LinkedIn profile with your study abroad experience and join the LinkedIn CISabroad alumni network.
- Follow us on Instagram for beautiful photos of student experiences from around the globe, and tag us in your international photos.
- Tweet us your favorite memories and follow us on Twitter for #MondayMantra #TravelTipTuesday and more!
- Subscribe to our Youtube channel for fun staff and trip highlights.
- Follow us on Flickr to delve on into our photo collection, or share your own masterpieces with us.
- Check out our Blog, for firsthand accounts of CISabroad students and interns living the dream, and consider keeping up with your own blog from your time abroad.
- And try out the hashtag #CISabroad to connect with other reminiscing alum!
Social media not your thing…?
Become an Alumni Ambassador
What is an Alumni Ambassador you ask?
A CISabroad Alumni Ambassador is someone who studied or interned on a CISabroad program. If you are passionate about what you learned and the support CISabroad provided you, you can become an Alumni Ambassador today!
Want to find out more about our Alumni Ambassador Program? Email email@example.com.
Where to Next?
Have you already been on a CISabroad program and now have the travel bug? We can help! After experiencing the exhilaration of living and studying abroad, many CISabroad alumni ask us how they can go abroad again or work in a field that involves international interaction. We hope the following is helpful!
Go on another CISabroad program, and you’ll be eligible to apply for the Go Again Grant! Or try one of these new experiences abroad:
- Volunteer abroad
- Teach abroad
- Graduate School abroad
- Careers abroad
- Scholarship and Fellowship Opportunities
Meet our Alumni Ambassadors; after all they are #CISfamous! Our alumni are eager to connect and share their experience with you. Alumni serve as a beneficial resource for studying or interning abroad, however, please remember that program details vary and each student can only share their experience, for more insight and advice please continue to refer to CISabroad staff.
Featured Alumna: Deborah C., University of the Ozarks
Travel Tip: Do your best to fully immerse yourself in the culture and take advantage of the opportunities abroad. This is your chance to experience many new things: new people, new food, new places, new traditions, new languages, new everything! Even if you feel physically or emotionally tired, get out there, leave your fear at home, and bring a positive attitude. Don’t take anything for granted. Even the most seemingly insignificant experience will become a highly valuable memory in the future.