If you’re the adventurous type already, you’ll be surprised how much more adventurous you’ll tend to be while studying abroad! As the travel bug bites, it seems to also infect you with an itchy sense of adventure. You will likely find yourself uninhibited, eager to try new things, and exceptionally vulnerable to taking off on a trip at the drop of a hat. We’ve written a prescription for your “adventure fever” and it includes CISabroad sponsored excursions, as well as highly recommended activities we’ll gladly help you execute.
Here are just a few examples of ways that you can get your outdoor adventure fix on some of our CISabroad programs:
- Zip-lining in Costa Rica: Explore the rainforest from a birds-eye view on a high-flying zip-line canopy tour. Participants strap into a harness attached to a cable and glide over miles of forest and river terrain at speeds of up to 100 mph.
- Scuba diving in Ecuador: The Galapagos Islands are a world-class scuba diving and snorkeling site, often referred to as one of the “Seven Underwater Wonders of the World.” Swimmers can mingle with sharks and sea lion pups alike, while threading through schools of brightly colored fish, Manta Rays, and barracudas. A protected and largely pollution-free environment, the Galapagos are perfect for anyone looking to experience marine environments in their purest form.
- Wildlife safaris in South Africa: South Africa has over 600 parks and reserves, one of the most famous being Kruger National Park. Whether taking a drive across the savannah or camping out under acacia trees, you’ll see the “Big Five”- lions, leopards, elephants, Cape buffaloes and black rhinos, among other exotic wildlife.
- Hiking the Southern Alps in New Zealand: New Zealand was used in filming each Lord of the Rings movie, and it’s no wonder why. With beautiful beaches, grassy hills and majestic mountains, New Zealand has it all. There are tons of amazing hiking trails on the South Island and are perfect for camping and fishing.
- Surfing in Australia: You can find surfing is most places along the Australian coastline where you will have access to the Great Barrier Reef, not to mention enough miles of beautiful beaches to keep you happy for a very long time.
So whether land, sea, jungle, or mountain, there is so much to see and do on your travels abroad!
If you have traveled abroad, what was your favorite outdoor adventure or excursion? Share with a comment below!
For more information about CISabroad programs and what types of excursions they include, please contact an advisor.