Thank you for your interest in working at CIS Abroad!
The mission of CIS Abroad is to provide innovative education programs that broaden academic perspectives, promote global awareness, and encourage personal development while laying the foundation for participants to become engaged world citizens. It is our hope to attract staff members committed to these same goals. Please connect with us on LinkedIn to receive notification of current and future job postings and see below for positions open right now!
See below for a general overview of our benefits and hiring process!
List of HR Benefits
At CIS Abroad, we believe that education abroad offers students the best chance to realize their potential and change their world. You’re a big part of that! #ilovemyjob #cisabroadstaff #bealeader #welovewhatwedo
It’s life-enriching to work with an organization that is working to change the world, one student at a time. It’s even more fantastic to work with an organization that believes in offering you a fun, challenging, and beneficial environment. We believe that compensation is more than just your paycheck, it’s all the other benefits that come together to support you.
- Competitive salary
- Paid sick time
- Access to LifeCare Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Earn and keep frequent flyer miles and hotel points
- International and domestic travel opportunities
- Fun and friendly office environment
Additional benefits for full-time, non-contract, U.S. staff (see individual job descriptions for more details):
- Company-sponsored health, dental and vision insurance
- Medical and dependent care flex-spending account
- Parental leave
- Wellness program
- 401k retirement plan after 1 year of employment with fully-vested company match
- IATA certified travel agent status
- Meal stipend, housing allowance, rental car while traveling
- Extensive training and professional development
- 10-20 days of vacation, based upon your longevity with us + CIS Abroad holidays (including Winter Holiday Break from Christmas to New Year’s)
What can you expect when you apply for a position?
- Here’s the journey! If you want the position, show it! Get creative, show how great you are. When you apply for one of our open positions you’ll get a response right away from our Recruitment & Talent Coordinator confirming we received your documents. Yay for a personal response!
- Next we review every application that comes in. We don’t use resume auto-scanners: after all, we’re people, not robots.
- We look for experience, skills, education, personality, alignment with the position’s needs, potential for growth, and a culture fit within our company. Don’t worry, we love our dogs, but it’s not a requirement that you do too.
- If we feel you’re a good fit for us, we’ll reach out to you to schedule an initial phone or video call interview. Be prepared for some basic questions about your experience and background, but perhaps a few off-the-wall questions like, ‘what’s your secret superhero power?’
- After the 1st interview, candidates will be narrowed down and those that make the cut will be invited to a 2nd round video interview with another 1 – 4 members of the hiring team.
- For all permanent positions, we’ll narrow the candidate pool one more time, then have a final round where we’ll invite you to our Northampton Office for an in-person interview, if possible. You can expect to get a tour of our fun facility, have everyone say hi to you, and be in several interviews with various members of our staff. We really like a team buy-in. Not only will we get many perspectives of you, but you’ll also get to see our varied personalities.
- Then it’s the hard part, picking one of our favorites. We want us to work well together forever, so it’s a decision we take seriously. Best of luck!
Living in Northampton
- In a region famous for its charming college towns, you’d be hard-pressed to find anything more appealing than the crooked streets of downtown Northampton (affectionately called NoHo). Old red-brick buildings, buskers and lots of pedestrian traffic provide a lively backdrop as you wander into cafes, music venues and bookstores. Move a few steps outside of the picturesque commercial center and you’ll stumble onto the bucolic grounds of Smith College.
- The presence of college students and their professors gives the town a distinctly liberal political atmosphere. The lesbian community is famously large and outspoken, making Northampton a favorite destination for the gay community.
- The center of town is at the intersection of Main St (MA 9) and Pleasant St (US 5). Main St is where you’ll find the core of restaurants and shops. Smith College is on the west end of town, where Main St curves right and turns into Elm St. That’s where you’ll find our office building.
CIS Abroad provides equal opportunity to all people regardless of age, race, religion, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or physical or mental disability. Equal opportunity applies to hiring, placement, promotion, salary determination, and all other conditions of employment. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document upon hire.