Summer in Scotland is a unique opportunity to spend 4 or 8 weeks living in an awesome, historic Scottish town and earn 6–12 US credits in the process. Unlike many summer study abroad programs, this one lets you study alongside Scottish students who are also taking summer subjects. You will experience:
- Quaint, historic city – You’ll feel like a character in a historical novel as you stroll the narrow, cobblestoned streets of Stirling.
- World-class university – You will reap the benefits of top-notch career academics and distinguished faculty at the respected University of Stirling.
- Fun class offerings with experiential components – Choose courses in Scottish culture, history, politics, religious studies, business, and media and film studies, all focused on learning about Scotland through readings and related field trips. For even more hands-on experience, take an internship module!
- History all around you – Catch a reenactment of a historic battle or take a tour of the medieval downtown to learn more about Stirling’s key role in the Scots’ fight for self-determination.
- A castle on campus, seriously – The University of Stirling is located on an 18th-century estate with a central lake and a castle. You certainly can’t find that in the States!
- Travel opportunities throughout the region – With cheap airfare and train routes galore, you can travel in Scotland, throughout the UK, and to various cities, beaches, and mountains in Europe on the weekend when you study abroad in Scotland.