1. What is the cost of the program? What is included in the program fees?
The program cost for The Barcelona Semester can be found here.
2. When are the program fees due?
Program fees for The Barcelona Semester are due on December 1st for Spring term and July 15th for Fall term. If you have any questions about tuition deadlines, please contact an advisor at email@example.com.
3. What is due with my application and when is my application due?
There are four easy steps in the Application process.
1. Fill out the online application, which includes your contact information, what program you are applying for, etc.
2. Pay the $200 application deposit in order to secure your space in the program. This amount will be applied toward the final cost.
3. Complete the Academic Reference Form, Course Selection Worksheet, Advisor Contact Approval Form, Personal Statement, Applicant Profile, and Scholarship Application (Optional).
4. Mail in your Official Transcript to our office.
For detailed instructions, see application instructions. The application deadline for The Barcelona Semester can be found here.
4. Do I need a passport or visa? When should I apply for my passport/visa?
Yes, you WILL need a passport to travel to Spain. Your passport must be valid for 6 months BEYOND the date you return to the United States. For detailed passport instructions, U.S. citizens should check the State Department's Travel Site. For The Barcelona Semester, you WILL need a Long-term Student Visa. You will receive specific visa instructions once you have been accepted to the program.
5. Is there a GPA requirement?
Yes. For The Barcelona Semester, the GPA requirement is 2.5.
6. What are my housing options?
The Barcelona Semester offers either a homestay with a local host or an apartment with international or U.S. students.
7. Will other students participate in the program with me? How many?
CISabroad programs are not only a great way to meet local and international students, but also students from around the United States. Program size varies each year - if enrollment size is important to you, contact a CISabroad advisor at 1-877-617-9090.
8. How many credits are offered in the program?
For The Barcelona Semester, you will take either 3 or 4 classes for 12 or 15 credits respectively. To see the courses available, go here.
9. Can I combine this program with another CISabroad program like intern, summer, or semester abroad?
Yes! A great way to extend your CISabroad experience is participating in another program. Combine semester programs to create a full academic year or if an academic year is just a little too long and a semester is too short, combine a semester and summer session or a semester and January term program. You can also participate in a semester abroad and combine that with a summer intern abroad. To find out more information on the application process for more than one CISabroad program, contact a CISabroad advisor at 1-877-617-9090.