1. What is the cost of the program? What is included in the program fees?
The program cost for the Semester in Lima program can be found here.
2. When are the program fees due?
Program fees for the Semester in Lima program are due on December 31st for Spring term and July 15th for Fall term. CISabroad will email invoices to students approximately one month before the program payment deadline. For example, if your payment deadline is July 15, you should expect your invoice in mid-June. If you are using financial aid, please ensure all financial aid paperwork is returned to our office by the payment deadline. If your financial aid does not cover your entire balance, CISabroad accepts these payment methods.
3. What is due with my application and when is my application due?
There are four easy steps in the Application process.
1. Fill out the online application, which includes your contact information, what program you are applying for, etc.
2. Pay the $200 application deposit in order to secure your space in the program. This amount will be applied toward the final cost.
3. Complete the Academic Reference Form, Course Selection Worksheet, Personal Statement, Applicant Profile, and Scholarship Application (Optional).
4. Mail in your official Transcript to our office.
For detailed instructions, see application instructions. The application deadline for the Semester in Lima is usually in early January for the Spring term and early June for the Fall term. For exact dates, check here or contact a CISabroad advisor at 1-877-617-9090.
4. Do I need a passport or visa? When should I apply for my passport/visa?
Yes, you WILL need a passport to travel to Peru. Your passport must be valid for 6 months BEYOND the date you return to the United States. For detailed passport instructions, U.S. citizens should check the State Department's Travel Site. For the Semester in Lima program, you WILL NOT need a visa. U.S. passport holders may stay in Peru for up to 183 days without a Student Visa.
5. Is there a GPA requirement?
Yes. The GPA requirement for the Semester in Lima program is 2.7. If you find your GPA is lower than the requirement, do not despair! Use the "Contact a CISabroad Advisor" button on this page or call us at 1-877-617-9090 to let us know your situation. We'll do all we can to find the right program for you!
6. What are my housing options?
The Semester in Lima program has two housing options. One is with local homestay families and the other is in dorm style aparments. Homestay families provide 2 meals a day while the apartment serves breakfast only. Both are great options, but contact a CISabroad advisor at 1-877-617-9090 for more information on which may be the best option for you.
7. Will other students participate in the program with me? How many?
CISabroad programs are not only a great way to meet local and international students, but also students from around the United States. Program size varies each year - if enrollment size is important to you, contact a CISabroad advisor at 1-877-617-9090.
8. How many credits are offered in the program?
For the Semester in Lima program, students will receive between 12 and 15 credits. For a more detailed breakdown of course options in Lima, go here.
9. Can I combine this program with another CISabroad program like intern, summer, or semester abroad?
Yes! A great way to extend your CISabroad experience is participating in another program. Combine semester programs to create a full academic year or if an academic year is just a little too long and a semester is too short, combine a semester and summer session or a semester and January term program. You can also participate in a semester abroad and combine that with a summer intern abroad. To find out more information on the application process for more than one CISabroad program, contact a CISabroad advisor at 1-877-617-9090.