1. What is the cost of the program? What is included in the program fees?
The program cost for January in New Zealand can be found on the Price and dates page.
2. When are the program fees due?
Program fees for January in New Zealand are due on December 1st.
CISabroad will email invoices to students approximately one month before the program payment deadline. For example, if your payment deadline is July 15, you should expect your invoice in mid-June. If you are using financial aid, please ensure all financial aid paperwork is returned to our office by the payment deadline. If your financial aid does not cover your entire balance, CISabroad accepts these payment methods.
3. What is due with my application and when is my application due?
There are four easy steps in the Application process.
1. Fill out online application, which includes your contact information, what program you are applying for, etc.
2. Pay the $200 application deposit in order to secure your space in the program. This amount will be applied toward the final cost.
3. Complete the Academic Reference Form, Course Selection Worksheet, Personal Statement, Applicant Profile, and Scholarship Application (Optional).
4. Mail in your official Transcript to our office.
For detailed instructions, see application instructions. Applications for January in New Zealand are due on October 15th.
4. Do I need a passport or visa? When should I apply for my passport/visa?
For January in New Zealand, you WILL need a passport. Your passport must be valid for 6 months BEYOND the date you return to the United States. For detailed passport instructions, U.S. citizens should check the State Department's Travel Site. For January in New Zealand, you WILL NOT need a visa.
5. Is there a GPA requirement?
Yes! For January in New Zealand, the GPA requirement is 3.0. If you find your GPA is lower than the requirement, do not despair! Use the "Contact a CISabroad Advisor" button on this page or call us at 1-877-617-9090 to let us know your situation. We'll do all we can to find the right program for you!
6. What are my housing options?
For January in New Zealand, you will be housed at Saint Margaret's College, a University of Otago residence hall located right in the heart of the Otago campus.
7. Will other students participate in the program with me? How many?
CISabroad programs are not only a great way to meet local and international students, but also students from around the United States. Program size varies each year - if enrollment size is important to you, contact a CISabroad advisor at 1-877-617-9090.
8. How many credits are offered in the program?
You will take 2 "papers" or courses for 8 U.S. credits. To see the courses available, go to the course catalog.
9. Can I combine this program with another CISabroad program like intern, summer, or semester abroad?
Yes! A great way to extend your CISabroad experience is participating in another program. Combine semester programs to create a full academic year or if an academic year is just a little too long and a semester is too short, combine a semester and summer session or a semester and January term program. You can also participate in a semester abroad and combine that with a summer intern abroad. To find out more information on the application process for more than one CISabroad program, contact a CISabroad advisor at 1-877-617-9090.