1. What is the cost of program tuition? What is included in the program fees?
The program cost for the Semester in Limerick program can be found on the Price and Dates page.
2. When are the program fees due?
Program Fees for Fall programs are due on December 1; Spring programs are due on July 15. CISabroad will email invoices to students approximately one month before the program payment deadline. For example, if your payment deadline is July 15, you should expect your invoice in mid-June. If you are using financial aid, please ensure all financial aid paperwork is returned to our office by the payment deadline. If your financial aid does not cover your entire balance, CISabroad accepts these payment methods.
3. What is due with my application and when is my application due?
There are four easy steps in the Application process.
1. Fill out the online application, which includes your contact information, what program you are applying for, etc.
2. Pay the $200 application deposit in order to secure your space in the program. This amount will be applied toward the final cost.
3. Submit: Academic Reference Form, Course Selection Worksheet, Personal Statement, Applicant Profile, and Scholarship Application (Optional).
4. Mail in your official Transcript to our office.
For detailed instructions, see application instructions. The application for the Fall 2014 Semester in Limerick program is due on May 15.
4. Do I need a passport or visa? When should I apply for my passport/visa?
For almost all CISabroad programs, you WILL need a passport. Your passport must be valid for 6 months BEYOND the date you return to the United States. For detailed passport instructions, U.S. citizens should check the State Department's Travel Site. For the Semester in Limerick program, you WILL NOT need a visa if you are a U.S. or Canadian citizen. However, you will have to register with Irish Immigration once in Ireland and there is a €300 fee associated with this registration. More specific information will be sent to you upon acceptance into the program.
5. Is there a GPA requirement?
Yes! For the Semester in Limerick program, the GPA requirement is 2.9.
6. What are my housing options?
The Semester in Limerick program offers apartment-style housing located on the River Shannon.
7. Will other students participate in the program with me? How many?
CISabroad programs are not only a great way to meet local and international students, but also students from around the United States. Program size varies each year - if enrollment size is important to you, contact a CISabroad advisor at 1-877-617-9090.
8. How many credits are offered in the program?
For the Semester in Limerick program, you will enroll in 4-5 courses (12-15 U.S. Credits). For more details, go here.
9. Can I combine this program with another CISabroad program like intern, summer, or semester abroad?
Yes! A great way to extend your CISabroad experience is participating in another program. Combine semester programs to create a full academic year or if an academic year is just a little too long and a semester is too short, combine a semester and summer session or a semester and January term program. You can also participate in a semester abroad and combine that with a summer intern abroad. To find out more information on the application process for more than one CISabroad program, contact a CISabroad advisor at 1-877-617-9090.