1. What is the cost of program tuition? What is included in the program fees?
The program cost for Semester at the University of Westminster can be found here.
2. When are the program fees due?
CISabroad will email invoices to students approximately one month before the program payment deadline. For example, if your payment deadline is July 15, you should expect your invoice in mid-June. If you are using financial aid, please ensure all financial aid paperwork is returned to our office by the payment deadline. If your financial aid does not cover your entire balance, CISabroad accepts these payment methods. Please note that this program does require a $1,000 deposit prior to the final payment deadline. A separate invoice will be emailed to students for this deposit during their application process.
3. What is due with my application and when is my application due?
There are four easy steps in the Application process.
1. Fill out the online application, which includes your contact information, what program you are applying for, etc.
2. Pay the $200 application deposit in order to secure your space in the program. This amount will be applied toward the final cost.
3. Submit: Academic Reference Form, Course Selection Worksheet, Personal Statement, Applicant Profile, and Scholarship Application (Optional).
4. Mail in your Official Transcript to our office.
For detailed instructions, see application instructions. The application deadline for Semester at the University of Westminster is October 1st for Spring term and April 15th for Fall term.
4. Do I need a passport or visa? When should I apply for my passport/visa?
Yes, you do need a passport to travel to England. Your passport must be valid for 6 months BEYOND the date you return to the United States. For detailed passport instructions, U.S. citizens should check the State Department's Travel Site. For Semester at the University of Westminster, you WILL need a visa. If you are a U.S. citizen and are studying in London for less than 6 months, you will need to obtain a Student Visitor Visa when you arrive at the airport. You will be sent a packet with specific visa instructions once you have been accepted to the program.
5. Is there a GPA requirement?
Yes. For Semester at the University of Westminster, the GPA requirement is 2.8. If you are interested in taking Media, Arts, and Design courses, please note that the GPA requirement is a 3.0.
6. What are my housing options?
Semester at the University of Westminster offers dorms on campus with other University of Westminster students.
7. Will other students participate in the program with me? How many?
CISabroad programs are not only a great way to meet local and international students, but also students from around the United States. Program size varies each year - if enrollment size is important to you, contact a CISabroad advisor at 1-877-617-9090.
8. How many credits are offered in the program?
For Semester at the University of Westminster, you will take 4 classes for 16 U.S. credits. To see the courses available, go here.
9. Can I combine this program with another CISabroad program like intern, summer, or semester abroad?
Yes! A great way to extend your CISabroad experience is participating in another program. Combine semester programs to create a full academic year or if an academic year is just a little too long and a semester is too short, combine a semester and summer session or a semester and January term program. You can also participate in a semester abroad and combine that with a summer intern abroad. To find out more information on the application process for more than one CISabroad program, contact a CISabroad advisor at 1-877-617-9090.