1. What is the cost of the program? What is included in the program fees?
The program cost for Intern in Barcelona can be found here.
2. When are the program fees due?
Program fees for Summer Intern in Barcelona are due on April 15th or May 1st, depending on your start date. CISabroad will email invoices to students approximately one month before the program payment deadline. For example, if your payment deadline is July 15, you should expect your invoice in mid-June. If you are using financial aid, please ensure all financial aid paperwork is returned to our office by the payment deadline. If your financial aid does not cover your entire balance, CISabroad accepts these payment methods.For rolling Intern in Barcelona programs, the final payment deadline depends on which month you start. If you have any questions about tuition deadlines, please contact an advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. What is due with my application and when is my application due?
There are three easy steps in the application process.
1) Fill out the online application, which includes your contact information, what program you are applying for, etc.
2) Pay the $200 application deposit in order to secure your space in the program. This amount will be applied toward the final cost.
3) Submit: Internship Questionnaire, Official Transcript from your Home College or University, Advisor Contact Approval Form, Current Resume, Applicant Profile, and CISabroad Scholarship Application (optional).
For detailed instructions, see application instructions. For rolling interns who intern throughout the year, the application is due three months before the first of the month in which you plan to start your internship. For possible start dates, go here.
4. Do I need a passport or visa? When should I apply for my passport/visa?
Yes, you do need a passport to travel to Spain. Your passport must be valid for 6 months BEYOND the date you return to the United States. For detailed passport instructions, U.S. citizens should check the State Department's Travel Site. If your internship lasts over 90 days, you WILL need to obtain a visa.
5. Is there a GPA requirement?
Yes. For the Intern in Barcelona program, the GPA requirement is 2.5.
6. What are my housing options?
The Intern in Barcelona program offers either a homestay with a local host or an apartment with international or U.S. students.
7. Will other students participate in the program with me? How many?
CISabroad programs are not only a great way to meet local and international students, but also students from around the United States. Program size varies each year - if enrollment size is important to you, contact a CISabroad advisor at 1-877-617-9090.
8. Are the internships paid positions?
No, the internships are not paid positions, but they are an irreplaceable way to build your resume! If you are interested in receiving academic credit for your internship, you should contact your academic advisor or education abroad advisor to see if your university offers course credit for internships.
9. What is the internship matching process?
We custom match each intern with the organization that best meets the interests, skills, and goals of the intern. To best accomplish this, all interns must go through the application process, which includes indicating their top two fields of interest. Interns will also interview with the CISabroad Program Coordinator and/or the On-Site matching team. Once the $500 internship deposit has been paid, the On-Site team will move forward to match the intern with an organization in his or her top two fields of interest.
10. What is the difference between an Intern Abroad and a Study Internship program?
The difference between an intern and a study intern with CISabroad is that a study internship allows you to take classes, earn credit, and participate in an internship in the same program! The intern program is solely focused on your professional experience and may or may not include credit.
11. Can I intern in my major?
Yes! It is possible to intern in your major. The process is highly individualized so that your placement is the best match! For the Intern in Barcelona program, check out our placement and credits page to see sample placements.
12. Why do I have to pay a $500 internship matching deposit?
The $500 internship deposit is an extremely important part of the matching process and is part of the program fees. It is not an extra fee. The deposit represents a commitment from you to participate in our internship program, which allows CISabroad to confidently contact organizations on your behalf in order to find the best match possible!